View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 09:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I guess that I never expected to be here again but I'm back for now....I've been ill for a long, long time, for those of you who don't know me. For those of you who do know me, I'm sorry that I'm back....Along with facing my Maker every day, today I learned that my adoptive mom was just diagnosed with ovarian cancer. I lost my birth mom years ago...when I was a teen and, eventually, my adoptive parents found me. They taught me everything in the world that I know about love and loving and being good. I still cry for my birth mom everyday; today, when I was talking to my adoptive mom, all I could do was cry. She, on the other hand, is all upbeat and okay with it. She has complete faith that she'll be okay, one way or the other. In my head, I guess I know that....I just wish that I could convince my heart. I lost my mom, my mother-in-law and now my adoptive mom who loves me as if I were truly her own. I just can't shake this....I know that I have to be okay with it, too, but I just can't be today. She hasn't told their "real kids"....my youngest brother is getting married in a few weeks and she doesn't want this over the wedding. I think I was safe to tell because I live in the Midwest and they all live on the East Coast. I just feel very alone and lost right now.
hippiechick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (08-15-2015), barbo (08-09-2015), bizi (08-14-2015), DejaVu (08-08-2015), eva5667faliure (08-08-2015), Wren (08-08-2015)