View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 02:04 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi woodyfly and thank you for the explanations!

Your symptoms are fairly similar to my case, except that my RC tooth is not showing any conclusive infection on the xrays. Mine is an upper front tooth. I have zero pain in the tooth (never had any, just like yourself), but (on good days) my main problem seem to be concentrated under my right nostril (which coincides with the root tip of this tooth). Coincidence? I very much doubt it. No "bumps" on the gums that I can feel or see, but there is a feeling that the internal soft tissue is much harder than other tissue. On bad days, I feel heat and other symptoms in the eye, ear, tonsil, throat, down the neck, sometimes even all the way along the shoulder to the tip of the arm. All on that (right) side only.

One thing is that this tooth has always had problems, even while they were cleaning it. I have another thread which explains lots of details - all about this case. I am waiting to see my dentist, but his waiting list is long.

The xrays did show some darkening of the root but we weren't sure exactly what it could have been.
I can see on your panoramic view you posted later that there is a dark area under one of the roots of your lower-jaw molar RC-ed tooth. Is that the tooth and the darkening you are talking about?

Also, being a lower jaw tooth, did you have any problem with the extraction? Did your dentist scrape all the infected area and if yes, how long it took? Was it your general dentist or an oral surgeon who did the extraction?

How are you feeling now? Are you in any pain? Are you taking any antibiotics?

Take care!!
Femlex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote