View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 03:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I posted a quick reply, but goodness knows where it's gone. I shall repeat the post as best I can here.

Thank you so much Evon, Johnt and Niggs for taking the time to reply.

My husband's Ropinerole dose was cut by half by his consultant who telephoned our PD nurse (the consultant is 80 miles away and we can't see him before 18th August, so I SOS'd him via e-mail) because John started having hallucinations - not scary ones, just people/things that weren't there.

His motor/cognitive decline started the next day, and within three/four days after halving the dose he was pretty much a train wreck. He now cannot move at all in bed, can't get in or out, and has to use a pad overnight. This is always insufficient so I have to wash sheets every morning. That, coupled with lying await listening for him to call during the night (we have separate rooms) is exhausting.

There was no titration - the consultant said to cut it in half immediately, and the PD nurse agreed. She told us when she visited that this was the correct route to go, adding that my husband would probably have to cut the Ropinerole out altogether if the hallucinations still persist after a few weeks.

From what you say Niggs this does sound very much like DAWS.

By the way, Johnt and Niggs, I too am in the UK, in the South West - I think we're in the minority on this site.
budgies is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote