View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 05:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niggs View Post
Budgies,

I'm so upset for your husband and yourself because this just should not happen ! The advice given by the 'experts'/'professionals'/'witch doctors' in this case borders on the criminal and is certainly wrong. The patient leaflet in Requip specifically warns against suddenly stopping this med, which is what you've effectively been told to do, as your Parkinsonian symptoms can get much worse, and thats not even DAWS !
How about contacting your GP, he may be able to issue some titration add on's to slow down the reduction. John is correct your husband needs the meds topping up (requip) and then stabilised,then reduced ever so slowly.
Please feel free to contact me even if it's to let off some steam.
This is a great site, much more 'GO' than the uk sites....great people.

He will get better again Budgies

Nigel
Thanks for replying Nigel. You've now made me feel so sad for my husband that he's had to endure this torturous procedure, which is still ongoing.

We did go and see our own doctor last Monday (she's only in two days a week, as is the fashion these days) and I spoke to her again on Thursday, before she went off for a fortnight's holiday. She said that maybe John needed to go back on a smaller dose of Ropinerole, but she didn't want to prescribe it without his consultant's approval. In the event it seems she didn't manage to contact the consultant before she left for her holiday, so we're stuck with the PD nurse. She visited yesterday and still seemed to think the course of action taken to reduce the drug is correct, saying she can't do anything without talking to our consultant.

So we're stuck between a rock and a hard place right now, and it's ghastly.

I'm glad to hear you think he can recover from this Nigel, because from where I'm standing at the moment it does seem unlikely :-(

Please keep in touch.
budgies is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote