View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 10:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Absolutely no need to apologise Niggs - the upset is entirely due to my negative take on things. I'm just truly grateful that you took the time to reply to my post, and enlighten me. The story you told about the woman who had her drugs removed and then recovered, albeit slowly, is truly heartening.

Thank too to you Soccertese for responding to my post. Your input is greatly appreciated. Of course in my mad haste to post I forgot to mention that my husband was also on Madopar 100/25 four times a day, and this was increased by and extra tablet to five times daily a few days before his Ropinerole was so drastically cut.

I have read the Ropinerole leaflet and it does indeed state that when stopping the drug, your doctor/nurse should do it slowly. But what on earth can I say to my husband's consultant, who is supposedly at "top" PD man, when we see him? How can I tell him he's wrong? Who can we listen to if not our consultant? It's truly mind-boggling.

I'd be grateful for any further comments/input. Makes me feel less alone to know there are people out there willing to help.
budgies is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote