View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 11:01 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default I know what you're feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSD_Angel View Post
HI there,

I have been going nuts with this and its only getting worse... I have this "rash" but it doesnt look or feel like a rash, and it looks like bad dry skin but its not dry at all. very soft.. but this hurts like H3^* and wondering if any of you other RSDers have this.. dont knw if its like a nerve rash or?? this Rash is every where that ihave RSD.. and thats it.. it goes up my leg in the same pattern and in to the other thigh. it avoids where i dont have RSD.... any ideas?

I am gonna post pics soo be forwarned..lol I have tried to put evrything on it , from lubriderm fragrence free and alcholol free and just plain aloe, but everthign makes it worse and it burns like somthing fierce!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!m Thanks guys !!

I have this also! I've tried everything as well and this will sound like a total contradiction because my skin burns sooo badly too, but I have found ONE thing that will relieve it. Like I said it sounds like a contradiction but, I learned this from a Dr.that was taught this from Johns Hopkins. You elevate it and then "chase" the rash and pain with these large moist heat packs that you can buy from Wal-Mart. They are always on the very bottom shelf near where all the braces are (not with the instant heat packs like therma care that actually seem to make my "rash" and pain worse.) They are in a generic looking box and they are pretty pricey $12 each. They are called "THERMAL on" with a red circle around the word "on". The box is easy to open, and I suggest opening the box and making sure on the actual pad itself the words THERMAL on are written all over the back. You put it on a plate and start out by microwaving 1 minute and 30 seconds, and you can go up to 2 mins. Sometimes I wrap it in a hand towel other times I don't. I bought three and I chase the pain and rash. The Dr. said I can do this for 20 minutes every hour! It has really helped me, and I pray it can bring you even a little relief. I know how it feels!
stillsmiling is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (09-09-2015)