View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 11:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile lilWeezey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWeezey View Post
Hello, as of Tues the 3rd I was unofficially diagonsed by my neuro-opthomologist with MG. Ive been prescribed Mestinon and Prednisone to see if it elevates my symptoms.
The only symptom I have is diplopia [double vision]
I was recently discharged from Navy bootcamp for the double vision and all the navy doctors thought it was MG.
I got CTs done, MRIs done, Tessilon Test, and EMGs and everything except the EMGs came out negative [there was apparent weakness in both my arms that were tested], even the blood work. But my cilivan neuro-opthomologist said that 50% it won't show up on the blood work [they didnt tell me that at the VA]

Does anyone have diplopia and take these 2 medicines. If yes how long til its effective? I see him this coming Tuesday again. The medications have helped so might as lightening my double vision and removing the "tugging" feeling from the effected eye. And very slightly helping out my leg that has RLS/Shin Splints.

Will I develop any other symptoms?

If not MG what could possibly be going on?

Thanks in advance!
My original symptoms were mostly eye problems, and weakness chewing. I went on to develop more generalized MG symptoms (arm weakness. speaking would be hard to speak clearly). Mestinon was very effective for the 1st year or so. Then it began to take more amounts per day. Mestinon begins in about 30 minutes or an hour after taking it, and last for about 2 hours. I am now at 6 6omg per day. Hope that's going to last.
You do sound like you could have MG, but you need a Nuro to help you.
Good luck with this. Ask questions anytime.
FREDH
FREDH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (08-11-2015)