View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 12:04 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritscript View Post
My pain med barely works anymore. Since getting this, I now have a phobia to pain and I used to be able to tolerate a lot of pain before this nightmare! I am now scared to death of pain! There have been times when my burning pain has been so bad that I cried and prayed for days for just a little relief! How can you handle this kind of pain with no pain meds? And how did you stop them? Thank you

I'm so sorry. The same thing happened to me. In fact I am certain that's why it took so long for me to get diagnosed- because I had such a high pain tolerance, over time I have become more and more sensitive to pain and anything uncomfortable for that matter. About the pain medicine. There have been times when I just get so frustrated that my pain medicine doesn't work I will just stop cold turkey, During that time I just pray, try to lower any stressors around me, try to take as many warm epsom salt baths as possible, listen to soft music, meditate, every hour for 20 mins use "THERMAL ON" moist heat packs from wal-mart (that brand is the only brand I will use.) I hate therma care etc. I wear really soft nightshirts and socks, drink warm cups of chamomile herbal tea, use super soft blankets, watch feel good movies (I love that channel on Roku- Feeln) Most of all be kind to yourself. I know it gets so discouraging, but be patient with yourself and let others help you also. Another thing is sometimes when I notice my pain medicine not working I will take a break from it and then start back up. Sometimes that's all I need to do. Also have you tried the medicine Savella. It's a non narcotic pain medicine that has helped me some. I heard about it after doing TONS of research on medicines that could help RSD. Hang in there. There will be brighter days.
stillsmiling is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-09-2015)