View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 02:27 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icelander View Post
I have had great results with compounded creams from a pharmacy. You'll have to talk your doc into it but it's been great for my burning pain etc. They even have one with Ketamine but it's VERY expensive. Ketamine acts as a nerve block. I have a little of it but need it very rarely as my other "free" compounded cream works very well so far.

I'm going to mention a couple other things that have done wonders for my neuropathy pain. At least twice a day I do what's called "The Body Scan Meditation. It has the ability to really relax the body and that reduced my pain greatly due to the fact that I was so scared anxious and freaked out most of the time. I'm pretty relaxed these days. The other thing was challenging myself to use a Vegan Diet based in raw, fermented and sprouted food.

My pain right now is a 2-3 as opposed to a 5-7 just a few weeks ago. And I have a life again.

Fortunately or unfortunately depending on your views I'm dying anyway. I have something else going on that is causing massive weight loss and my doc is concerned that I'm "failing to thrive". And I'm allowing no invasive tests for reasons I'll explain. I'm retired, I'm old, I have no family to consider. All my affairs are in order. Whatever is causing the weight loss is not painful. My neuropathy is both small and large fiber was getting very painful indeed. Now it's not so much but could all come roaring back as I just don't know. I don't think it's going to right away but in my view dying of something non painful is quite appealing. I'm not afraid of becoming what I was before being born but I do greatly fear a painful life.

Best of luck and maybe something here will help you.
And if you are interested in that body scan there is a wonderful book and tapes that will walk you through it. It's called " Full Catastrophe Living" It's a book and you can purchase the CDs of the meditation along with other thing like light yoga etc. This program (8 weeks) was used in a major medical hospital on folk who doctors had given up on due to pain meds no longer working against massive pain issues. The success rate was a whopping 70% for improvements in pain profiles. These are the worst cases that the medical profession had given up on. It's a beautiful program for dealing with pain issues.
icelander is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-08-2015)