View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Lailivia - Sometimes it helps to bring...

another pair of 'ears' along to hear all the subtle things YOU aren't hearing because of well...the screaming in your brain that says "WHAT IS GOING ON? WHY CAN'T YOU FIX ME?????" Am I on target here? Not to mention that you feel like you've been in the bottom of what feels like a compost pile for a bit. Between the pain, deterioration of your ability to move, and think [part illlnesses, part meds..I blame the meds-it's easier] and the whole 'wondering' part about where this all will end up? Sometimes it works, sometimes not. IF your DH [darling husband- in 'puter speak, so I am told] is the ONE the doc starts to address all your 'issues' to. GO GET ANOTHER DOC. Or simply beforehand tell DH to be quiet and let YOU do the questions. IF your guy is really Dear...he will also be assertive and make the doc address YOU as you ARE the patient.
Shiney Sue and jo55 are correct that YOU DO have to assert yourself..Ask the questions about 'test's for this and that...Diagnosing anything neuro is a long and exhausting process of elimination!
This site is about what all a neuro SHOULD look for and why...since there are a zillion neuro conditions...they start broad and then narrow it down. Rose is also on target about Vitamin B-12 - it can do wonders for lots of problems...LOTS!
http://www.neuroexam.com/content.php?p=2
BE sure to get and KEEP copies of any and all doc records you can! It is your right to have them, and also your right to get copies [tho sometimes you may have to pay].
As for tests you feel you should have...don't Tell a doc 'I have to be tested for X', rather make it his/her idea....'What about these X & Y tests?' that way it's their bright idea and you win with more testing...Worth a shot?
Hang in there..you just have to be persistent and 'gently assertive' thruout the pain. - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote