Thread: Changing Meds
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 06:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Be careful of seizures

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboots125 View Post
Thank you all for the concerns and words of encouragement. Right now I very light headed and legs are kinda weak. My toes are getting sharp stabbing pains like it was near the beginning. Although I still have my lyrica I will not take any as I do know I have to get the lyrica out of my system.

Actually mrsD I am not taking the gabapentine until I stop the lyrica which I have taken my last dosage tonight. I am not sure if two days of reduced lyrica to none is a good thing (I think not) but have to get off it anyways.

Tomorrow I will start the gabapentine at the dosage subscribed and hope it will help with the withdrawal and if necessary will be upping my hydromorphone id need be.

And like you said they did leave me wiggle room for increasing the dosage of gabapentine.
You are withdrawing too quickly and need to be careful because you can have seizures. If I understand you are dropping from 1200mg to none in less than 48 hrs?

Your doctor made a mistake and is trying to cover her own butt by having you do what I think is a very drastic taper.. When I got off Lyrica, my doc had me taper from a much smaller dose over 2-3 weeks which was still too fast in my experience.

Please be very careful and read the posts people here have made about their withdrawal from Lyrica. If you are light headed and weak, that is not good.
I hope someone is with you.

Do you have enough Lyrica to slow your taper down a bit?

Diandra
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (08-08-2015), DejaVu (08-08-2015), glenntaj (08-09-2015)