View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 02:02 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Once the chicks get their pin feathers in and can fly they are no longer "fluffy"... their appearance changes rapidly.

We did have a newly fledged hummingbird sit at our feeder for about 2 hours day before yesterday... at dusk. This photo is when last rays of sun peeked thru the trees.

Short beak and short tail is a chick. We have them upNorth every summer. This one is very small too and I think is a little male.

He left when it became darker out. I think he was waiting for his mom to bring food. Hummers are raised on insects, not nectar.
But I could see this one taking a sip now and then from his chosen perch. I've seen the female fairly often, but these city birds don't come to the feeders as much as the Northern ones seem to do. I've seen the female in our yew trees, going for insects fairly often, so I kept the feeder up anyway.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 09-04-2015 at 02:52 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-09-2015), EnglishDave (08-09-2015), kiwi33 (08-09-2015)