View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 02:50 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Sabyc,

Ugh.... kids

The dressing needed to stay put until he saw her again. Yes, she can develop a dry socket without that dressing in there.

Anytime you have the sockets debrided and dressing placed, it is imperative to rinse with warm salt water VERY GENTLY. Just kind of slush the rinse around the mouth and do not forcefully swish it around because the packing will dislodge. The swishing can be done after the dry sockets heal up.

I would call the OS and tell him the packing is out. He may say to come back today or first thing tomorrow.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabyc View Post
Also now DD is petrified she spit out the clove dressing b/c she as gently rinsing the mouth as per Dr. order to not let food build up and now is worried that she rinsed away the dressing bc can no longer taste cloves. SO assuming this is true/possible is it possible to get dry socket from the mouth being reopened to clean the debris? B/c the dressing was used b/c her wounds healed so quickly this was a way of keeping it from closing. Not sure if I am making sense but her fear is she can now get dry socket b.c clove dressing gone and she spit out blood clot.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote