View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 10:59 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femlex View Post
Hi woodyfly and thank you for the explanations!

Your symptoms are fairly similar to my case, except that my RC tooth is not showing any conclusive infection on the xrays. Mine is an upper front tooth. I have zero pain in the tooth (never had any, just like yourself), but (on good days) my main problem seem to be concentrated under my right nostril (which coincides with the root tip of this tooth). Coincidence? I very much doubt it. No "bumps" on the gums that I can feel or see, but there is a feeling that the internal soft tissue is much harder than other tissue. On bad days, I feel heat and other symptoms in the eye, ear, tonsil, throat, down the neck, sometimes even all the way along the shoulder to the tip of the arm. All on that (right) side only.

One thing is that this tooth has always had problems, even while they were cleaning it. I have another thread which explains lots of details - all about this case. I am waiting to see my dentist, but his waiting list is long.

The xrays did show some darkening of the root but we weren't sure exactly what it could have been.
I can see on your panoramic view you posted later that there is a dark area under one of the roots of your lower-jaw molar RC-ed tooth. Is that the tooth and the darkening you are talking about?

Also, being a lower jaw tooth, did you have any problem with the extraction? Did your dentist scrape all the infected area and if yes, how long it took? Was it your general dentist or an oral surgeon who did the extraction?

How are you feeling now? Are you in any pain? Are you taking any antibiotics?

Take care!!
The darkening of the area is the infection. Most dentists concluded it was an infection, I almost went with a root canal which would have been a huge mistake. When we took it out that thing was fractured and the root looked like a mess.

No problems with the extraction. He scraped the area relatively quick, about a min or two, he said the infection didn't go too deep. It was an oral surgeon and I paid $300 cash. Definitely have an oral surgeon do it, they specialize in pulling tooth. My oral surgeon said he's been doing it for 40 years and had pulled thousands of tooth. The entire process took like no more than 10 minutes.

After pulling the tooth, he prescribed me some painkillers but I didn't take them. Just had a gauze in it for a day to stop the bleeding and rinse it with salt the following days. The area around my extraction site is still a bit sore if I touch it with my tongue.

Few positive things I noticed is that my anxiety has definitely gone down. I used to be in a fight or flight mode at all times, I couldn't control it, it was always activated. I guess it makes sense, there was a big abscess and my body was fighting it constantly for over 10 years!

My jaw feels relaxed on the left side now. Before I had trouble opening my mouth fully, the left side of my jaw would feel very strained and it would tremble from the effort of trying to open it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femlex View Post
but (on good days) my main problem seem to be concentrated under my right nostril (which coincides with the root tip of this tooth). Coincidence? I very much doubt it. No "bumps" on the gums that I can feel or see, but there is a feeling that the internal soft tissue is much harder than other tissue. On bad days, I feel heat and other symptoms in the eye, ear, tonsil, throat, down the neck, sometimes even all the way along the shoulder to the tip of the arm. All on that (right) side only.
!
I can't relate to those symptoms or the heat (my head does get hot sometimes but not in any specific area) except that my problems are majorly on the right as well. I feel pressure, it feels like a headache but in my face. My right eye get droopy and puffy. I feel it around my eyes, between my eyes, on the right side of my nostril, on my temples and just generally all around the right side of my head but lately ive been feeling it on my left temples as well which maybe makes me think its a tension headache. I ultimately can't tell if it's a tension headache or sinus. There are many signs that points to either one.

I've been suffering from chronic pain for over a decade and at this point I'm ready to take all kinds of risks. Money is an issue for me right now but as soon as I can, I'll have it pulled and report here.

Last edited by woodyfly; 08-09-2015 at 11:14 PM.
woodyfly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote