View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 08:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

swift,

Sorry it has taken me a while to reply, but the reason is because I have no experience with the DP injections, but my sister does (I was waiting for her to call me back to tell me her experiences).

She never got any sort of period while being on the injections, not even spotting. She stopped getting the injections (last fall) and her period returned in April. She said the first period was pure hell, very heavy, a lot of cramping, she was so upset that she almost started getting the injections again, but she decided to wait and see.

She did not get a period in May, and then in June it returned but this time (in her words) it was the easiest and best period she ever had. No cramps, a short and light period.... and it has stayed that way ever since.

Just so you know, she started getting the injections as a method of birth control, and when she stopped the DP injections she started using condoms --- in other words, she was not geting the injections for a medical reason (just birth control) and she did not replace the DP injections with the pill or the patch or any other hormone therapy type of birth control, and she was also not trying to get pregnant after stopping the DP injections.

I hope that helps to answer your questions.

Liz
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote