View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 11:13 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Sam,

There is an old saying.... "one step at a time." Try to not let your mind wander into the worries of what can go wrong tomorrow or even an hour from now. It does take practice.

I sort of adopted this idea of not allowing tomorrow to ruin today and it has helped. I try to limit thoughts of tomorrow and the future only to what is necessary for proper planning.

Do your parents ever read this site,maybe they can read this and see if it helps them understand you any? I have owned my own business for 20 years so I have plenty of experience at my job. I missed 4/12/14 through 1/20/15 from my injury. It has been difficult this year....I have had a hard time making decisions and what was normal and easy for me prior to my injury became very uncertain, I had to ask my sons who work with me lots of times if I was making the right decision.

That is the bad side. I AM GETTING BETTER and you will too. In fact, I believe I will actually come out of this better for the things I have been forced to learn and I think the same can happen for you.

I imagine that this is very difficult at 15...it has been for me and I have much more life experience to draw from. Be patient, be courageous and stay real close to your parents, talk to them and ask questions.

I don't know if this will help any, I hope it does...your going to be ok again. I will be praying for you.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-10-2015), MicroMan (08-10-2015), SamG11 (08-10-2015)