View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 03:26 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Smile Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome, asking for advice

Hello my name is Bill,

I've been going through CCPS for three years. It was initiated from a very accute prostate inflammation. Three types of bacteria and a treatment of 2 months with a follow up after 2 years with a treatment of 1 month. The repetition of the same bacteria the doctor said indicates that it was a case of chronic prostatitis.

Now I know that aside that I was also suffering from what started as irritations between my thighs and became pain when I am sitting. The kind of pain that you feel like it's running a line from one spot to another. Nerve pain. I also had accute symptoms of obsessive compulsive thinking/behavior.

I did visit a mental health doctor who gave me a diagnosis of very mild OCD and helped me through it. He diagnosed tension headaches and gave me some pills I took for a couple of weeks. That was my ultimate low to the point I had to quit my job for some months and later returned. (You wouldn't believe what a great guy my boss had been when I went through this).

Bottom line is that all that has left me quite insecure with the health of my general function of my brains/ nervers; especially in the areas mostly affected. Even though my life is back to pretty much normal, mild pain and irritations in the pelvic area and numbness in the head that reslembles the headaches have not gone yet after about 7 months.

My question is do such crises permanently harm the brain to cause disabillity? Should I be trying to help myself recover from this numbness of my nerves in the head and the spine? Should I just ignore this mild pain as it is not life debilitating?

Any bits of wisdom or common experience will be appreciated.
Bill
vtsirkinidis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-16-2015)