View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 11:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dementia vs Alheimers

Hi Peeps,
I need information, experiences and opinions.
One yr ago my husband had back to back surgery. He was forgetful but nothing critical like forgetting to close doors, forgetting keys object type forgetfulness.

Now a year later he does not remember one minute to the next some days are better like now he asked me if I had something for the dishwasher then comes back and say I did ask you if you had something Yada Yada.

I had a geriatric evaluation they said he has Alzheimer's and prescribed Namenda and airacept. I give him only the Namenda 2 times a day.

I gave him the same test at home and he did fine. I think when the day is slow paced he does fine and if too much happening gets confused.

He does seem to ask the same thing over and over and he does not like to be alone. I have to be after or he will sit and sleep and watch tv all day. Today he made the coffee and is vital. That is why I question the Alheimers diagnosis.

He was fine memory good after 1st operation. 2nd operating did a lot of cognitive damage. The second was bypass. Can you share your experiences with Alzheimer's and progression and Namenda and airacept. Thank would appreciate knowledge on this disease.

Uglogirl
uglogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-11-2015)