View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 01:12 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

DNA blood testing would be in order if it was thought that you have CMT. There are over 70 types of it that they can test for. Any family history as to what you are experiencing? But most of us have the most common types. The DNA blood testing is done by athena diagnostics for one. Very expensive.

Hope you find an answer. I have CMT.

Kitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy04029 View Post
Susanne, thank you so much for your response. I am fairly certain I do not have CMT. I have had extensive blood work through the years and I think that certainly that would have shown up. Someone else had suggested use of a cream or balm on the feet. I forgot to mention that I have had two back surgeries (unrelated to the neuropathy), one in 2012 and a second, larger, in 2013. As a result, I cannot bend over to rub anything on my feet, not even lotion which stinks as they tend to get very dry. I even see a podiatrist just to get my toenails clipped. I cannot use a foot therapy massager as I am not allowed to bend or to lift more than a gallon of milk. My life, as I once knew it, is totally gone. I am 66 years old now and have really never been so depressed about the rest of my life. With this pain combined with the back surgeries, I am so limited now with what I can do. I am still working full time and intend to do so for as long as I am able, but there is really nothing more for me. Thank goodness for my neurologist. He is wonderful and has been so helpful. He has tried what seems to be every drug known to mankind to help me with this SFN but really at this point I am not having much success.
Several times I have had a weird experience where my legs go wobbly and it feels like they will go out from under me. I sit down on the closest thing and wait for it to pass. It happened again this morning and this time with the occurrence was a large amount of pain. I need to pass this on to my neurologist and see if he can diagnose this new problem.
I hate sounding like such a downer, I've always had a "sunny" disposition.......all of my life. That's why I hate what my life has become. It's just not me. Sorry for the ranting. I'm done now. Thanks again for your response.
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote