View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 05:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDave View Post
Hi Wiix,

Seems like a few of us are just born to be cursed with GI problems. Mine predate all my other issues, have led to near death from a perforated duodenal ulcer - I needed 2 emergency pints of plasma in the ambulance and 4 pints of blood in a transfusion.

It is literally sickening living on stomach meds all the time, I have to take Metoclopramide 3 times a day as well. That works by emptying your stomach quickly, it is a horrible med.

I know some of my issues are Acid production related, some are Anxiety related and a lot is genetic. Much as I have tried with diets and alternatives, I am stuck with the meds.

I feel your pain and I am sorry you go through this.

Dave.
Hi Dave,

Thanks so much!

I am sorry for all you must deal with.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the perforated ulcer.

I am very concerned about suggesting anything alternative to Wiix, especially if we don't know if her stomach lining is healed. If there is continued erosion, as Wiix has described, there is a risk of causing her stomach lining to bleed.
Bleeding and/or perforations are serious matters.

I am so glad you are okay, Dave!

I lost a brother, 42 y.o., to perforated GI.
I am very aware of ultra-serious nature of advanced GI erosion, ulcers, perforations. It's so important to take chronic GI issues seriously.

Sometimes, people do need to stay on meds, long-term.

I am very concerned that Wiix continues to have her life interrupted by the GI symptoms. I hope she can find a safe solution.

Thank you for raising awareness by sharing.

DejaVu
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Wiix (08-11-2015)