View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 05:52 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Angry What do my test results mean?

In May of this year, my ophthalmologist said he was 80% sure I had MG by doing a cold compress test to my drooping eye lid. He ran labs and the result were:
negative on the binding 39% on the acetylcholine Blocking. I took these results to my neurologist and he dismissed these results entirely stating I did not have MG and ran his own tests at the mayo clinic; with the results being: 0.00 on the binding; 7% on the ACh receptor modulating AB; and negative on the striational AB.

However, he still put me on 60 mg of Pyridostgmine 3x's a day. This has significantly helped my drooping eye lid. The neurologist has refused to order any more tests for MG, however, he has ordered expensive testing, including an MRI for MD, testing for lupus,, AMA multiplex (I don't know what this is), a creatinime (I don't know what this is either), testing for rheumatoid arthritis, vitamin B12 deficiency, and Free light chain ratio (don't know what this is).

I've requested a second opinion and am refusing to have all this testing done until I have a second opinion.

What advice do you all have for me?
kay.too30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote