View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 05:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you for raising this Therese

It has answered a few questions for me also,and Chasmo,your replies have been comforting and welcome.
I never considered halving my sinemet tablets.No-one in the medical profession has suggested this very useful strategy to cope with the alarming effects of dyskenesia. Indeed it is two years since I have spoken to my neurologist,...this in itself needs addressing and is long overdue,but in response to your initial question Therese...
I take 4 sinemet tablets a day,the same strength as Doreens plus 16 mg of Requip [ropinarole]I should be on more Requip but refuse to up my dosage.
Also I take a slow release sinemet at night,two diclofenac and one amitriptyline tablet a day.A cocktail of drugs all of which at this stage in my illness seem to be "arguing" with one another.
I really thought my "honeymoon" period was over and have been dealing with increased repetative movements,horrendous fatigue [which hits me without warning] and the dystonia has returned with a vengeance.
BUT...I tried to be smart and titrated my requip too suddenly,by decreasing by 4mg a day in one go.

I have been on requip for about 4 years now and have not had any compulsive disorder with it so perhaps,[obviously needs to be sanctioned by Doreens neurologist] the Requip might suit her.It has taken several years to find a combination which suits me and it now appears I need to readjust again...but first I will give Chasmo`s suggestion of little and often a go first.
What I find particularly disturbing at present is the fact that when I take my dose of meds....almost instantly my body begins its merry dance and in complete contrast,my energy seems to just drain from me.I am unable to function at any level for at least three quarters of an hour.

I assume my dystonia returned because I am alternating the Covonia with the Metatone.Is it possible I am putting too much extra in my system to cope?
I don`t know.
I know I haven`t helped your query much Therese,butg inadvertantly this thread has proved to be the answer perhaps to my recent dilemma.
Thank you and I wish you all the best at your next hospital visit.
Steff
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Arsene (12-15-2016)