View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 11:16 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you for responding. Yes, I have a copy of all the test results. I think the Neurologist's ego is interfering with his objectivity. Since it was the Ophthalmologist who initially diagnosed me (I routinely see the neurologist for migraines and have been in to see the neurologist about 3 times in the last 1 and 1/2 years and he completely missed my droopy eye) I think his ego is hurt and he must now prove the ophthalmologist wrong by finding something else wrong with me besides MG.

I'm frustrated that the neurologist is refusing to run any of the diagnostic tests that you mention (RNS, EMG, and/or SFEMG) and is instead ordering all these other tests to attempt to diagnose some other diseases instead.

My symptoms are classic of MG: droopy eye lid weak arms muscles, weak leg muscles, difficulty chewing. The one symptom I have the neurologist claims does not fit into MG is that my muscles are sore at the end of the day; I feel like I've ran a marathon each day.

I've been reading up on this site for the last week and many people have this symptom, though, because they are pushing their bodies beyond the point that they should and are fatiguing themselves.

I do NOT have any symptoms of lupus, arthritis, or MS. This is why I've sought out a second neurologist; to get a second opinion as I've lost confidence in this neurologist.

It just helps to hear other opinions that I'm not the crazy one; the neurologist is the crazy one.

Thank you, Annie, you helped a lot.
kay.too30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (08-14-2015)