Thread: More questions!
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 08:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had my biopsy and am waiting for the results. It really didn't hurt, so I was pleased about that, but it the top punch on my thigh was sore afterwards.

There are three punches. One is about four or so inches above my ankle. Why wouldn't he do it lower down than that? My pain is only on the soles of my feet, not on my leg. I know they can't punch the soles of your feet, but why not right at the ankle?

Also, I've read that re. the results, anything above 95%, or below 5% is considered positive for SFN.

95% and 5% of what? Of the total amount of nerve fibers that someone is supposed to have? It seems like that's such a big range. Are there a lot of people who have negative biopsies, but still have SFN?

I have so many other symptoms--trouble swallowing at times, and lots of bladder problems--trouble starting to go and trouble emptying, so this would explain so much for me, BUT I have a feeling that my test will be negative. The neuro did say that he switched labs because the one that he used to use only counted nerves, but this one looks at the quality (or something like that) of the nerves.

Nervous wreck waiting.
_dreamer_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote