View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 06:36 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I wish I could say we're all prepared but the most preparation we did so far was to move OUT of the local evacuation zone we'd lived in for six years. That is the one thing that had to happen this year since each passing year before that has just been horrible for me anxiety-wise. Now if the power goes off I am sure we'll be better off being here because they will most likely get the power turned on here first since there are a lot of rich houses near here and those people get their power on first, so we'd be right in line with that.

I don't have a hurricane kit but we do have batteries and a flashlight, I might buy a couple more next month because this month my $$$ is all spoken for because of the move. Next month we have a huge power bill and I doubt we'll have much extra cash then either but who knows? I really am hopeful that things will be a bit cheaper here in the long run even though we've now got a gas bill to pay whereas in the old place we had electric stove/oven and the air was totally dependent on the4 electricity. Here it's supposedly at least partially dependent on the gas or so they say.

Anyway, I feel for you Mari, I know we're not the only ones who live in the hurrican alley (I forget if they call it that, I know they use that term for tornado alley so maybe I just coined a new phrase) I have to run, kiddo is getting restless. n But I had to comment on this thread since we just moved OUT of the evacuation zone and that one thing has helped more then anything to put my mind at ease.