View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 06:44 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks BF & Di for the kind words, I was pretty down about it because I think I should have been at least a finalist. But I guess they probably didn't even read my essays or application. I'm trying to get over it. I did cry Weds. when I learned that they chose this other published writer who also teaches. But I just threw myself back into editing. Now that the last revision is done I am going back over it one last time to get rid of any passive voice I used that this nice gentleman has helped me with.

His name is Jim and he's a writer too, we met on this writer's board and he's a wonderful writer, his story that he shared with me was so good I couldn't put it down and I have learned a lot from the revisions he suggested on my story, so it's all good. I expect this last edit to last a couple of weeks since I have my son home for part of summer break (meaning the next two weeks he has off then he goes back for two more weeks and then is off again until mid August) so I can only get done what I can get done.

It sounds like you have a lot going on Di, you're really nice to cover for that girl going to a concert. It also sounds like you're doing some good things BF, cutting down on the long distance is good if you never really use it. And Mari, good luck with the Zen, I hope it helps to get you through these next couple weeks until the parentla visit is over.