View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 03:12 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmwood View Post
I suffer from scrotal tingling with occasional numbness. It doesn't cause numbness in my penis but I do sometimes get a feeling in my penis like its moving and in fact it is. That may not seem strange but obviously a mans penis moves countless times throughout the day but you're not supposed to feel it.
I have the same, this strange feeling of moving penis, feeling of slight numbnes, tingling etc. I also started to have problems with erection when feeling of numbness became bigger one day. Never had such problems before and it occured without any rational cause(like some kind of physical damage). No idea what is the cause of it, in fact i have quite significant L5/S1 herniation but i also had some pudental nerve blocks (due to perineal pain) which i think did some nerve damage.

Very unusual and interesting explanation of similar symptoms is in dr. John Sarno's books for example in "The Mindbody Prescription"
He claims that numbness and tingling can be caused by the subconcious mind which wants to distract concious mind from unwanted emotions and slightly deprives nerves/muscles of oxygen which causes numbness/tingling/pain etc.

These numbness/tingling symtoms are so mysterious that i think mind-body explanations (TMS syndrom, trauma etc) can be more reliable than physical/mechanical cause.
chronos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote