View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 03:30 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
First, in my experience, the metallic taste associated with a concussion happens immediately. I have never experienced a delayed metallic taste. And, that instant metallic taste is momentary and goes way within a few seconds.

I don't think anybody other than your CBT therapist and you yourself can convince you that leaning your head against the wall will not cause a concussion.

It takes 40 G's or more to cause a concussion. Leaning your head against the wall would not even reach sub-concussive impact levels.

Unless you are taking an SSRI or such, the sweating has no connection to PCS. SSRI's can cause sweating. Sweat has salt. salt stings the eyes.

Your problem is anxiety and refusing to accept logical truth. That backpack, unless it had a heavy solid object in it (bricks or the like) did not cause a concussion.

Hormone imbalances can sometimes cause facial sweating and dandruff.

When you shower, put the anti-dandruff shampoo in your hair first. Then do your showering and rinse the shampoo out last. The time the anti-dandruff medication is in your hair will help it work.
Mark,

Sorry, I thought that metallic taste and a taste of blood meant the same thing. I meant to say that I experienced a taste of blood in my mouth a few minutes after the hit. Maybe it was something related to my ear, I don't know.

I'm sorry if I sound obsessive - I work on it a lot and have already made some progress, but some things are just not clear to me. I don't obsess whether the backpack caused me a concussion or not - this was a long time ago and this had no lasting effect, and as you said it was most likely not a concussion. So I don't obsess over it, I just didn't understand how I dealt fine with that but not with my concussion 9.5 months ago. Thanks for explaining to me that it was not a concussion.

And yes, you are right - I'm working on convincing myself that minor bumps are not harmful, but I still have this little fear whether or not I'm moving my head too quickly when I'm leaning it against a wall; I sometimes think that I might accidentally move it too fast and get a concussion. But I'm working on it, and now, thanks to what you said, I understand that this is irrational and it makes it less significant.

Thanks for the advice about the anti-dandruff shampoo. It's just that I noticed that after the concussion, I started having more dandruff more often, especially after stressful situations. Can concussions cause hormonal imbalances that cause things like dandruff and over sweating?

So, as I said, I'm sorry if I sound obsessive or too anxious. I'm working on it and according to my parents and therapist, have done a noticeable, significant improvement. I know I still have more progress to make - I'm working on it and I'm gradually getting better (gradually reducing my anxiety levels).

Thank you very much for your reply,
-ProAgonist

Concussions:

27 October 2014 - I accidentally smashed my head against a concrete wall while I was running (it was a slow run of about 3 meters / second).
No LOC.

6 November 2014 - In a sports field, A basketball ball fell on my head from about 5 meters height.

January 2, 2016 update: I am very optimistic, as I've made a significant recovery until now (2-Jan-2016). I am confident that my situation will keep improving.
ProAgonist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-12-2015)