View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 07:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Well done

Hang in there, you have a good titration technique going and it is obviously working for you. Thanks for the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjia View Post
I thought I'd update on my taper from Lyrica, in case anyone else is interested in doing the same.

I was initially planning on dropping 12.5% of my dose every 10 days. When I wrote last (and first) time, I was 12 days in, and down to a 37.5mg AM and 75PM. I was too ambitious with this.

By 20/3 I was taking 37.5mg AM and 56.25PM. I started getting involuntary finger tremors (actually it looked more like playing air piano ), and bad vertigo. I can't say if the vertigo was linked or not, but I've never had it before.

At this stage I slowed things right down. I spent 6 weeks on that dose, then dropped to 37.5mg AM and PM.

On 25/6, without thinking I dropped down to 25mg for both AM and PM at the same time. No tremors, but a little vertigo. On 30/07/15 I dropped to 18.75mg AM and 25mg PM

I have found that dropping slow is definitely the way to go. Even though I'm getting close and tempted to just stop, I'll hang in there and keep going slow.

Rather than sticking to a calendar, I have found that the best way to go is to stick to one level, and then when my head starts feeling fuzzy again, I drop down again. Each time I drop a level, my head feels clearer.

The all over muscle pain hasn't gone, but I'm hoping that it something that will clear up after this poison is out of my system. At this stage, that won't be a while, but at least I feel like I'm in control of my brain again.

Good luck,

Danjia
eva5667faliure (02-08-2016)