Thread: Medical Tips
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Good ideal,

I will mention that Monday when I go to the hospital to get blood work done. I never think to do it.

I have only had about 2 times where the Nurse was able to get blood out of me the first time. I went one time to get birth control pills years ago and they stuck me 13 times. I finally told them they had to quit. I was young and stupid or I would have made them quit after about 2 times. Now I do tell them right up front that they get too tries.

When I went to get my VNS in April I told them right up front they got too tries. They couldn't do it, I knew I had to have this surgery so I told her to get someone else to do it.

That's something I suggest, if they can't get it after 2 tries they need to find someone who can. Many a time I have had them to say to me, I will go get so and so he or she can do it. Why the heck can't they do it.

Like you, I have rolling veins and they tend to go and hide. Like you also I have had them to go get the smaller needle. Why don't they do it to begin with.

If you have trouble getting blood taken, I suggest that a person tell them up front about it, that way they know not to waste your time and theirs. It's our pain though.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote