View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 11:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
This goes to show how far back exposure to the pathogen can be from when symptoms begin. I think they can be so subtle at first that we didn't realize what was happening. It is so hard to figure out where you went, what virus you had, what you came in contact with. I keep wracking my brain to figure out what was it that set this in motion.

Northerngirl, when you look back, do you remember any first symptoms that were minor that you now know were related?
Yes my symptoms started very subtle, and because I was running 5 miles daily, in the gym a lot and very athletic, I thought at first they were just related to that. I casually mentioned it at my annual physical, and my doctor,told me to eat more bananas (potassium).
When my feet started feeling heavy and they were slapping the ground making it difficult to run, I knew something wasn't right and went to my first neurologist.
I spent so much time trying to figure out what it might have been that triggered the PN--but there's so much... my dad used to spray our home and camp lot with spray pesticides when I was a child, I was in the army reserves, and they make you have a lot of immunizations, stress. I had, had the Tdap.. ..then I just decided to focus on getting better and not worry about what may or may not have caused it.
northerngal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-28-2015), Healthgirl (08-13-2015)