View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 11:25 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Visit with Neuro-Opthamalogist

So I visited with the NeuroOpthamologist up at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center today. He took a look at the MRI and assured me that the cyst is not pressing on the visual areas of my brain, or against any other brain structure for that matter. He said it was floating in the ventricle.

The plan is to have another MRI in 6 months and see if there are any changes. He also told me that he suspected that I was born with the cyst and it is unrelated to the concussions and symptoms. When I asked how could tell that it was benign, he gave me sufficient answers stating it appeared as a sac of fluid and not a mass of cells, and that a tumor usually has characteristics that were not seen in my MRI.

The doctor also took a look at the visual areas of my brain on the MRI and said that everything looked good.

I guess for now I will just assume that it is a variant that was an incidental finding and continue to focus on my post concussion therapies. I will be anxious as the time for the next MRI approaches, however. It will always be in the back of mind, or should I say center of my mind. A little neuro humor there.
DannyT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (08-13-2015)