View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 07:06 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Sorry it took so long for an update. I thought I was getting emails when people responded and I hadn't check back to the website in a while.

I'm sorry to hear there are so many other people out there who have experienced something like this. This is a great place for support and answers.

I've had some slow improvement in my symptoms over the past several months particularly. I'm not sure if this is a seasonal improvement with the warmer weather but I've noticed my symptoms are greatly reduced. I no longer have the buzzing in my feet that I used to have and the point numbness and parasthesia after walking seems to have completely cleared up now for weeks. Some of the sensations might also be habituated at this point and I'm just desensitized to them. Either way, my quality of life has gotten markedly better.

I've stopped taking some of the meds I was one before (alpha-lipoic acid, L-carnitine) and instead Im just taking B complex and Flaxseed oil tablet daily. I don't know if this is helping but it's likely not hurting at this point either.

I hadn't heard about others having reactions to the Tdap vaccine. When I brought up the fact I had one 4 months prior to my neurologist, he seemed pretty convinced that it couldn't have caused any of this. Knowing the small amt I know about immune response, it seemed unlikely to me for a rxn to be that delayed but maybe they are related.

I hope everyone out there is finding some improvement as I have. There were some dark times when all of this started and I feel like I've pulled the nose up and have hope for the future. Please feel free to private message me with any questions or if you just need someone to chat with.
YoungSFN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-28-2015), mindovermatter (08-28-2015)