View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 06:53 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Red face New here! Small fiber neuropathy???

Oh golly......am I glad I found this board! My name is Kate and I have a bladder disease called interstitial cystitis (IC). 2 months after I was told I have IC, I was in a car accident. I soon after that began having a feeling like someone is shaking my insides along with upper ab pressure.....severe pressure at times. Soon I began having discomfort in my groin, numbness in my feet, and tingling in my hands. I also have trouble sleeping a jolt several times before falling asleep. After seeing a bazillion Drs I finally was told by my neurologist that I have small fiber neuropathy. I have trouble with a weak left leg. I am miserable....my left hand now tremors constantly and I have burning like in my buttocks. I am constantly uncomfortable. I can barely eat due to the ab pressure. My bladder is calm and I don't have pelvic pain. My neuro doc is worthless as she just gave me Cymbalta and gabapentin and said come back in November. I am trying to get into Mayo or NIH.......I'm wondering if anyone has anything like this?
KateKline is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (08-18-2015), DejaVu (08-13-2015), Lara (08-13-2015)