View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 07:27 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans8 View Post
I had this surgery with Dr. Kibler. Supposedly my rhomboids were detached and part of my lower trap was reattached. I say supposedly because this cannot be confirmed on MRI due to the location of your rhomboids being so deep and attaching underneat the scapula. Dr. Kibler looks at the movement of your scapula to make this diagnosis. Mine was fanning out to the side when I elevated my arm.

While it corrected the movement of my scapula unfortunately this was just a symptom or damage from an underlying problem that has still not been resolved. It did not help the pain I was having at all.

With that said I do believe this surgery has a good chance to help you if you can tie the detachment to an event like the car accident you mentioned. I would do everything you can to be as sure of the diagnosis as possible. The surgery is not easy as he drills holes in your scapula and threads the muscles back to it. However TOS surgery was more painful (yes I had both).

Dr. Kibler is highly regarded and considered the guru for scapula problems. His physical therapy team is very good as well.

Feel free to send me private message if you want to know more.

Romans 8, your post mentioning Kibler was how I found this site. I don't have the ability to private message for some reason. I guess because I'm new. But I was hoping you would see this post. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I would like to know sooo much more about your experience. I'm looking to have the surgery after the New Year. Mine isn't nearly as bad as the video but it's been that way since the accident for sure. I can't lift my arm up high or throw a ball without pain. I'm hoping this will fix that? Also do you know the chances of reinjury? What was your recovery time and how did you feel? As many details as possible would be great. I know what the doctor told me, but I want to hear it from someone that's been through it. So glad you replied and btw I love the screen name. I live 4 hours away from Lexington on the other side of the state so I'm not sure if he will send me to the Orthopedic Institute here locally or require me to come back there. I'm sorry, but knowing you've had the surgery and only having this way to communicate without the ability to PM, I'm stuck posting messages this way for now I guess.
jcechop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote