View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 10:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Back to Steffi

Charlie is so right, Steffi, about your needing to be in touch with your neurologist more often...I could not believe the 2-year period in which you do not see him/her. Doreen sees her neurologist every 3 months...AND in between time..especially while attempting to adjust her medications, she is in contact with him weekly...his request. It DOES seem as though you could be over-medicated..and, in fact, that could be the situation with Doreen right now...taking too many "meds"...at low dosages, though...but, my question to the neurologist will be...how is he able to determine what's "working" and what is NOT "working" while there are so many "meds" involved...will see what he has to say to this next Friday....and oh, yes..Mirapex...you may not have read...or, you may have forgotten...what I posted, here, about the terrible Obsessive/Compulsive behavior Doreen experienced...which was unfortunate in that this medication "worked" well for her...eliminated her tremor and she felt very well all-round...BUT, the behavior became such that she had to be titrated off Mirapex. I have wondered, though, if her neurologist might consider letting her take the Mirapex at a lower dosage...she had been taking the maximum 4.5 mg. daily. I will pose this to her "neuro", but first, I will ask him about Charlie's recommendation of taking less more frequently of the Sinemet...should be an interesting "neuro" visit!!! As I mentioned to Charlie, though, Doreen's "neuro" is very receptive to suggestions...not at all haughty about it...so, Steffi...get on that telephone and make an appointment with your neurologist!!! Why? Because I said so and so did Charlie!!!! LOL
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote