View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 10:47 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default ?? about Alan's psoriasis.

My god, I have never seen such an outbreak as he has right now!

Is it because he just had an infusion and the antibodies are going nuts!!! I'm not simplifying this, believe me. He's had psoriasis for years and years.

He went to various dermatologists and they tried the various cremes. The only creme that worked (at least for a while it worked) was clobetazole. That's what we are using now.

I tried vitamin A and D ointment. That worked for a while too. Cleared up the stuff on his ear. He has always had a 5 inch patch on his right leg (from just above his ankle going up. Nasty looking thing. Then bit more patches would flare up. Then his elbows. The elbows would clear up now and then.

But jeez. He just came home from his night time job as a security guard and as I was massaging him (before he goes to sleep ), I looked at his legs and elbows and said "holy *****". I immediately got out the clobetazole (because he is not very good at remembering to do this). He said "oh give up already, it's all from stress". I said 'yeah, but you really have to do something about this, it's gettin worse". The leg patches are all flaming red (once I do the a & d ointment, they quiet down), but isn't there anything that you guys know that he can try???

I was just on a psoriasis forum and these people have found success with Tumeric Capsules. It's a spice, I know that, but these people swear by this.
Then I read messages by other people and it didn't do a darn thing for them.

I have been told that Psoriais is an autoimmune disorder (and we know that because Alan had protein in his spinal fluid), that he has some form of autoimmune thing going on in his body), Could it be that since he just had two infusions, that this can be a flare up???

Tomorrow is his 60th birthday, and I'm going to get him some oatmeal soap or something that will sooth his skin. I'll wrap it up and we'll meet at Dunkin Donuts for our Sunday morning breakfast date and I'll whip out the little birthday bag and go "Surprise".

So has anyone ever found THE ONE THING, other than prescription cremes, that has helped your psoriasis? I'll buy it and put it in the bag.

Thanks

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote