View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 07:30 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Testing and treatments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmoon View Post
Greetings all...

New to this forum. Have been dealing with PPS for many years...using water enemas to evacuate every time I have a BM. Sometimes takes hours to complete.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Hi Fullmoon. I have been having problems for nearly a year now and live on laxatives. I am interested in knowing more about how you have spent years and still don't have a resolution, its kind of depressing given that I am coming up to my anniversary of symptoms.

I fell and fractured my sacrum at S3/4, having no pain, it wasn't until I had ambulation issues that I finally had an MRI. I don't know if that is the cause, but all of the nerves for the sphincter come from S3/4.

The anorectal manometry and balloon test is supposed to show sphincter function, did you have that? What other tests did you have?

Have you definitively been diagnosed, do you live in a rural area or a city with better facilities?

Has anyone suggested an Colostomy? They can be temporary and being so distal from the stomach can be irrigated in the morning and a cap placed over instead of a pouch?

Is any "doctor" still following you? Have you seen a colorectal surgeon as opposed to a gastroenterologist? The latter are mostly interested in doing colonoscopies and treating irritable bowel and other such diseases.

Anyway, interested in where you are in the process.
Frodo-dog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote