View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 08:40 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--have to go out and tutor the panicky SAT students--but you can look up and find that most of the time, an increase in blood flow velocity in an artery is an indication of narrowing of that artery, not uncommon as we age and certainly not uncommon in those with diabetes.

Narrow arteries are, of course, more susceptible to thrombosis (blood clot blockage). And they are associated with peripheral artery disease--again, extremely common.

But, this is probably not an emergency situation--it is something that needs to be monitored and perhaps treated (exercise and oxygenation are very good for this, as one would suspect). But I wouldn't panic just yet. That's for my SAT students.
Love you Glen. I am having coffee in Dunkin wondering if I should be walking around, and I found an article that states that walking is beneficial. So besides taking care of Alan I now have to walk. I can do this. I do have a question. I take 5000 of Methyl B12 every day for years. Do I continue. I have zero neuropathy symptoms but I'm not sure if the amount I have been taking would interfere with a possible diagnosis of PAD I do know I will take a baby aspirin every day from now on. I eat greens, grow my own sprouts and never eat red meat. I wonder what might have happened if I never took this test.

Thanks much Glen. Now go take care of your panicky student.

Love ya, melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-15-2015)