View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 11:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
It does sound like CMT from what you have posted. And it could have come thru your father the way you describe how he walked.

Symptoms vary greatly even within the same family. That's certainly true in my family. There is no cure/treatment for any type of CMT yet. I do not look for one in my lifetime. There is no magic bullet, supplement and the like. You just deal with the symptoms as they come along. There is lots of research being done that many people are not aware of.

I have done reputable research for almost 30 years. CMT is in my family from way, way back. I'm not certain that there is a "usual" pattern. A person can have CMT and not show any evident symptoms. But they can still pass it on.

Thank you for your reply.
Thank you for your reply, Kitt....it sounds like you have studied CMT for some period of time. I have researched it on the internet, and attended several Conferences on the condition...even traveling a few years ago to Wash., D.C. from California. I am curious if you have encountered any families where 2 members of the family develop it so late in life? Me in my 60s and my daughter in her early 50s?? No symptoms before this time.

As you can see by my Profile, I joined this group in 2007, so I have visited it many times in the past few years, but the "usual" pattern of Peripheral Neuropathy didn't seem to fit our condition, either. so the information being posted was not of much use to me. I DID try several of the suggestions and supplements PNers posted, but nothing was of help to me.

I visited it again 2 days ago (for the first time in a long time) because I was researching Online Forums for my daughter's new Thyroid Cancer problems...I was curious if any of the medications or treatments they are going to be giving her for the Thyroid, are going to cause difficulties for her Neuropathy! NONE of the doctors treating the 2 different conditions/illnesses will think of putting them together, and taking both int consideration for their treatments! We have to manage your own illnesses OURSELF these days! For example..my Urologist would prescribe Cipro or Bactrim for my Urinary Tract Infections, and it took my own research to find out that they TOTALLY messed up my Neuropathy!
paty91356 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote