View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 12:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Heart -to - Heart!

Hi falldc,

Wow! I am thrilled you both are making progress!

The ability to talk heart-to-heart often helps both parties to feel compassion for one another. Nicely done!

Yes, it sounds like you have had a heavy burden of caretaking, even though you have no regrets. Caretaking can take a toll, as you know. It's important to keep a balanced life, as much as possible when caretaking. Need to have time for you and time for relaxation and fun!

Life is interesting. This gentleman had crossed your path at a very critical time. Perhaps the Universe is looking out for you, answering your requests for insights, clarity, direction?

It's extra special this gentleman has offered to extend himself to your husband. I hope this extra support is helpful to your husband!

One of the topics we've discussed in the Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome forum is the fact that those of us having suffered injuries which made us overly irritable, quick to anger, had uttered harsh words without thinking (impulsivity) -- we had felt immediate remorse and guilt. We were as mortified as our loved ones by what we had said and/or how we had said it. Fortunately, our loved ones forgave us as we took further responsibility by finding ways to stop hurting them (and ourselves at the same time), finding ways to overcome our new, and problematic, behaviors.

I also feel the "one day at a time" approach is the best approach. I often utilize another well-known phrase: we are looking for "progress, not perfection."

You both are going through many life adjustments at this time.

You have a very open heart, an open mind and show compassion.
It's amazing the healing which can occur with heart-to-heart talks!
I hope you and hubby can enjoy more of these types of talks.

Thanks for the compliment. I can't be sure I'll be helpful ahead of time. I had felt your pain and wanted to respond to you. I can only hope my responses have helped somehow.

(It's been helpful to me to also have a member here, ger715, commenting on your intro thread and following this thread. I feel a supportive spirit accompanying us! I hope ger715 will write in this thread if she feels led to do so.)

Offering positive energy and healing vibes!
I hope you and hubby, and guests, enjoy the weekend!

Shining Heart-to-Heart,
DejaVu
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (08-23-2015), tamiloo (08-24-2015)