View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 03:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking Welcome!

Hi and Welcome!

I see Darlene has given links, directing you to forums.

I am sorry your burden feels so heavy right now.

The various steps and transitional periods while qualifying for various levels of disability can be very overwhelming, especially since income and benefits are often affected.

Are you saying your short-term disability is running out and your long-term disability does not kick in for awhile yet?

Please talk with your doctor(s) about their projections as to when you might be able to return to work. If they agree it will be awhile, look into filing for Social Security Disability right away. Any pay/benefits are retroactive to the date of application.

Also contact Social Welfare in your area and explain your situation. You are likely eligible for some basic income and some benefits. The caseworker will help you to apply and will tell you which benefits you may qualify for while awaiting a long-term disability approval.

If you have legal questions, you may also contact Legal Aid, if available in your state.

If you need assistance with drug coverage, you can check for these benefits in your state for the disabled through the Dept of Social Welfare and/or your state's Medicaid program. Please also ask here, as many have info on resources for assistance with medications.

Welcome to Neurotalk.

I hope to see you around the forums.

To Our Healing,
DejaVu
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (08-15-2015)