View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 05:03 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan View Post
Hi Mat52

I'd been wondering how you were getting on since your last post-op thread. Thanks for the summary of your past year - it fills in the gaps of everything that you've been through - and are still.

It must be heart-wrenching to leave your island home and moving itself is a stressful situation. Please take care of yourself during this time and get as much rest as possible. I hope you have enough help with the move itself so that it doesn't add too much to your worries.

Maybe the place to start with the new rheumatologist and neurologist is to first ask them how much do they know about your situation - this will tell you - A. if they've read your notes thoroughly and B. if something may be missed out of the notes or referrals (I've had this happen more than once). Then maybe ask them if they have any new ideas about the so far unexplained symptoms. Re accepting no organ involvement - keep questioning - sometimes organ involvement can have no overt symptoms (especially the liver) until significant damage has occurred.

All the best for your new home and progress with your health. Will be thinking of you and let us know (when you can) how you're doing.
Thanks so much Bluesfan - sounds like a good way to approach the new doctors I agree - will try this approach and let you know how I get on. Mat x

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-15-2015)