Old 08-15-2015, 06:12 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaVu View Post
Hi Melody!

I had read your response a couple of nights ago and was too tired to write.

I can't imagine having to move from an apartment after that many years.
Yet, maybe the change was good after all?
Luckily, your friend had a vacant apartment and could help out! Whew!
At least you did not have to leave your neighborhood.

In my state, there are laws whereby landlords cannot ask tenants to leave for a property sale. The new owner must ask, in writing, and cannot violate any written lease already in place. Additionally, if someone is renting month-to-month, they need a 60 day written notice in order to be asked to leave in response to a property sale. Yucky red tape. there are some extra protections for tenants.

Your gang at Dunkin Donuts sounds like a "family" and lots of fun!

Oh, great on the oral surgeon being honest and helpful!

Yes, I had recalled you and Alan would be getting very busy with appointments.

Any chance of getting into a program where you interact with children needing grandparents? I forget the names of some of these programs. They are similar to Big Brothers/Big Sisters, yet they involve grandparents for children wanting grandparents.

Children are fun. It's much easier to cope when they are not our own and we can return them after an activity, after a weekend, or after a week.

I hope you and Alan have some fun this weekend!

Warmly,
DejaVu

Hi. Every night at Dunkin, there are people with babies and we all go nuts over them. Even if I found a grandparent program. I can't walk that good because of the arthritis in my knees. I go where I need to go but it's by ambulette. I don't drive and Alan stopped driving years ago because of his severe neuropathy.

Life sucks sometimes. Lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-15-2015)