View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 12:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I hope this isn't thread hijacking?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
I don't know if you deal with depression or not. But I noticed around here that what has helped most everyone to get it is depression. After all of my years of fighting for mine, the depression is what they put on my file.
Ya know, Dream, I do believe you're right! I had never thought of that. But I got turned down at every step, had to keep plugging away (they hate that). RSD wasn't good enough, no.They then received the paperwork on the hiv, they gave no answer, just insisted I see a psychologist. It was after this that I finally got my first check!

I wasn't anywhere near depressed enough, though. In the last 2 years I had found God and a great man, my outlook was fine. I was a tough little broad, I guess. I had just been hurting so long, I knew how to mask it well. He was quite the doc, ended the session by telling me he thought I had been reamed for too long. He insisted I take a $20 he kept trying to hand me, lol... I've never heard of a dr. doing that before.

But as I exited, he asked one last truly strange question. "so, do you see the little people that live in the walls of our houses?" I gave him the oddest look, of course... and then answered. "You mean the Borrowers? I think they're really cool. They're responsible for all the little stuff that goes missing yet shows back up again later in a place you had checked 10 times. But they don't actually STEAL anything, it never leaves your home and they eventually give it back".

This is, of course, a book I adored when I was like 8, lol. But it seemed to be the answer he was looking for, and I left. That has always made me wonder what his report said about me, lol... but I never related that to getting my disability, stoopid me... I guess I was just so "broken" it never dawned on me that all my physical problems wouldn't be enough to count.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote