View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 01:43 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi33 View Post
What I have emphasised sums up my opinion of vitamin supplements. They are unlikely to be of much benefit to somebody who eats in a healthy way unless (of course) there is medical evidence which suggests otherwise.
I know you're addressing the OT in your post, but if I could just say that this is a self-help neuro site and we're all dealing with neuro problems and the problem with having the "medical evidence" is that sometimes it is often the patient who has to figure it all out for themselves because the medical profession isn't necessarily in tune with treating the body as a whole and tends to only see one section at a time when the 20 minute GP visit is happening.

I'm personally not interested in what the TGA has to say because when you see in retrospect that a family member was left for years and years with a B12 level hovering around 160pmol/L during her late teenage years and young adult years during which time she had so many serious health issues and not one of her 6 doctors ever bothered to mention to her that the "hole in her brain" as she called it was probably due to her Vitamin B12 levels.

And here we still are years later trying to fix the negligence and having to do that all by ourselves again. That is just one tiny example that's happened with my son and daughter and myself. I could go on but won't.

If I didn't have the ability to figure out what is safe and what is not, I certainly wouldn't take anything as I'm known for being ultra conservative with regard to anything that I consume.

I'll have to agree to disagree with the TGA and with you about (b) in particular.

with respect,

Lara

Last edited by Lara; 08-16-2015 at 02:21 AM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (08-16-2015), DejaVu (08-16-2015), Jomar (08-16-2015), kiwi33 (08-16-2015), Lukesmom (08-16-2015), madisongrrl (08-16-2015)