Old 08-16-2015, 12:26 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Mel, sorry to be late to your thread.

I have a thought about your PAD test results in that leg.
Is this the same leg with the bad knee?

If so that mild abnormal result could be part of the inflammation and compression going on at that knee. If you are wearing a brace of some kind, be careful that it is not too tight.

Also get the magnesium lotion (Morton Epsom lotion) and rub it in the knee area and just below, and see if it is better. This opens up blood vessels and improves circulation.

There are new kinesiology tapes available now in some stores,
and online that you can tape your knee up with and avoid compressive braces.

examples:
http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Tech-Pr...+athletic+tape

http://www.amazon.com/KT-Original-Ki...ywords=KT+tape

These are on Amazon reasonably priced. Their website gives directions on how to apply.

Perhaps your issue being mild still is amenable to an intervention that you can do and avoid stents and surgeries.

I do not use any braces, compression stockings, nothing. Just the tens unit which helps a lot. Can I continue to use this (I tried calling the doctor's office yesterday but was told to call tomorrow) but since you know everything about everything, I figured I'd ask you if I could still use the tens unit. I put the electrodes on both sides of my knees (my problem is BOTH knees, not just the one they found the velocity thing on).

Since I had the physical therapy I can do more. It seems the more I walk (and especially if it's over 90 and no humidity, I could probably climb a mountain. I'm always good when it's HOT. I'm no good when it's cold or when it's hot and humid. but I go up those stairs slow and steady and so far so good. I don't get out of breath.

I wonder what they are going to have me do when I go this cardio-vascular place on September 9th. I'm trying to keep my calm. I am now going to watch funny videos on youtube, and then I will take my pressure.

We shall soon see. I have one of those blood pressure cuffs.

later....

Love ya, Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (08-16-2015), DejaVu (08-19-2015)