View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 04:53 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

The only reason to minimize exercise is when increased heart rate causes headaches. If exercise does not cause headaches, there is no reason to stop or reduce exercise.

You have your own supplements regimen. I don't have any response to that question. I doubt anyone will because some of your supplements are unique to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by defurr View Post
BACKGROUND: In May 2014, I experienced a mild but noticeable diffuse axonal concussion from excessive head shaking. Primary symptoms were extreme exhaustion and brain fog that lifted after about two weeks, but I continued to be unable to eat high glycemic foods (potatoes) without a headache, and any significant accidental jarring would produce temporary dizziness (<24 hours).

I was symptom-free (aside from avoiding potatoes) for about six months, and stopped taking curcumin, aminos, and green tea. Stayed on B, D, fish oil.

Two weeks ago, my hair dresser gave me an excessively vigorous head scrubbing. Light-headed sensation and brain fog ensued (along with sensitivity to loud noises), and unlike on previous occasions, did not relent after the first 24 hours. So I'm back on all of the usual supplements (plus creatine and pantethine), trying to sleep 7-8 hours/night, and doing 30 minutes of daily zen meditation.

My two questions are these:

ONE, MORNINGS: I have begun to notice some improvement, feeling pretty normal, but generally towards late afternoon and lasting until bedtime. Mornings are still light-headed fog, even with lots of sleep. Is this because my supplements are gradually kicking in? Why would mornings be worse? I've started doing green tea in afternoons. Caffeine (even a touch of coffee) seems to help.

TWO, EXERTION: I have historically been an exercise addict, lots of road cycling. I have stopped completely, so as to keep heart rate <100 BPM. Is this preferred until symptoms subside almost completely? I can ride a trainer in my house to minimize bumps/jarring and temperature, but if heart rate is a concern during the initial healing phase, then I will continue to hold off on that. (I rode trainer two times the first weekend this happened, before I realized that this one was going to stick around longer than normal.)

Any insights and wisdom are welcomed. Sorry for the long narrative, and I always feel a bit abashed writing on this forum, given how much more debilitating some of your symptoms are.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote