View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 06:27 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

G'day Daffur,

It seems to me that you're pretty thoughtful in taking care of yourself. My only comment would relate to exercise. Regardless of what expert you speak to, exercise will always be one of the recommended components of your recovery. The extent to which you should do this depends on the nature of your concussion (physiologic, cervicogenic, or other comorbidities [i.e. depression, etc.]).

I'd recommend you look up some of J. Leddy's research at the Univ. of Buffalo (http://www.ubortho.buffalo.edu/concussion/leddy.html). His group has established an exercise regimen for the recovery and return to play for student athletes. It involves progressively increasing your exercise/HR without causing increased symptoms; if symptoms increase/return, that level of activity is deemed too much and the student must recover from the event before exercising again.

Anyway, the point is that exercise is considered important to recovery. Unfortunately for me, I seem to be very intolerant to physical activity but am working at improving this. Hopefully you're more tolerant and will be able to exercise without symptom exacerbation in the near future!
MicroMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pinka16 (08-22-2015)