View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 09:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
From everything I have read, I find all symptoms for SFN to be sensory and autonomic. For almost a year, I have twitching in random parts of my body coming and going all day. Sometimes they are strong and slow and sometimes very fluttery and fast. I have terrible muscle spasms in my neck and shoulders which seem to throw my whole cervical and thoracic spine surrounding muscles into a crisis. I have had the complete spine and brain MRI, but my muscle symptoms are not consistent with SFN. My doctor has be diagnosed on paperwork with progressive polyneuropathy and he is very mild with treatment (which I like and don't like). I caught a bunch of the crazy twitching on my phone video and showed him and he just said "Hmmm". I think he knows more than he tells me, but doesn't want me to lose hope.
I've had sensory and autonomic SFN for 3 years and for about the last 6 months twitching just like you describe. Sometimes strong and slow, other times fluttery. In random places except at times they've been in just one specific place for several weeks. I also get a spasm on the same side side of my neck frequently, but it's mild. My neurologist just said it's all consistent with SFN when I mentioned it. It seems like this would indicate motor nerve involvement. I plan to ask her more about it on my next appointment in a couple weeks.
dogwalker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-31-2015), Healthgirl (08-17-2015), pinkynose (08-17-2015)